Northumbria Police Manhunt

The sister of the young mother fighting for her life after being shot by killer gunman Raoul Moat said he would rather 'go out in a blaze of glory' than give himself up.

The shocking claim comes after after police launched a huge manhunt for Raoul Thomas Moat, 37, who allegedly targeted his former girlfriend Samantha Stobbart, 22, and executed her lover Chris Brown, 29.

The 37-year-old has been on the run since allegedly shooting his ex-girlfriend Samantha Stobbart, 22, and killing her boyfriend, Chris Brown, 29, in Birtley, Gateshead, on Saturday.

A police officer was also shot in his patrol car in Newcastle on Sunday.

Police are dealing with an incident in Rothbury connected to the shootings.

A two-mile exclusion zone has been put in place and people living in the town have been advised to stay indoors.

The inquest into the death of gunman Raoul Moat, who died after a six-hour standoff with police, today heard that he was shot by two officers with Taser guns.

Steve Reynolds, senior investigator at the Independent Police Complaints Commission, told the hearing in Newcastle upon Tyne that the officers, from West Yorkshire police, discharged their Tasers in an apparent attempt to prevent Moat from killing himself.

The coroner, David Mitford, said the cause of death was a gunshot wound to the head. He adjourned the inquest until a later date.

Moat is wanted after his ex-girlfriend, her new partner - who was killed - and a police officer were shot on Tyneside.

Karl Ness, 26, and Qhuram Awan, 23, are accused of supplying Moat with the gun involved in the shootings.

At Newcastle Magistrates' Court, the pair were remanded in custody charged with conspiracy to commit murder and possessing a firearm with intent.

Mr Ness, from Dudley in North Tyneside, and Mr Awan, from Blyth in Northumberland, are next due to appear in court on 22 July.

The Taser stun guns used by officers attempting to stop gunman Raoul Moat from killing himself did not have Home Office approval, it has emerged.

An inquest into the 37-year-old's death heard two officers from West Yorkshire police fired the stun guns at him.

The XREP Tasers used are still undergoing tests however the government has said forces have discretion to use any equipment they deem necessary.

Moat died after a six-hour stand-off in Rothbury, Northumberland, on Saturday.