DJ AM's Death Ruled Accidental Overdose

The death of celebrity disc jockey DJ AM was caused by an accidental drug overdose, and eight different substances were found in his body, the New York City Medical Examiner's office said on Tuesday.

The 36-year-old disc jockey, whose real name was Adam Goldstein, died last month from a lethal cocktail of cocaine, cold medicine and prescription drugs, it said.

A toxicology report found traces of the drugs used in the painkillers OxyContin and Vicodin and sedatives Ativan, Klonopin and Xanax. It also found levamisole, a cancer treatment drug that is also used to cut cocaine.

The medical examiner said Goldstein, a self-described crack cocaine addict, died from an accidental overdose due to the combined effects of cocaine, Oxycodone, Vicodin, Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Benadryl and Levamisole, a drug used to cut cocaine.

The 36-year-old DJ and entrepreneur had 11 years of sobriety before his death.