49th Grammy Awards
The 49th Annual Grammy Awards is a ceremony honoring the best in music for the recording year beginning September 15, 2005 and ending September 14, 2006 in the United States.
The awards were handed out on Sunday February 11, 2007 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. The Dixie Chicks were the night's big winners winning a total of five awards. They are the first act since Eric Clapton in 1993 to win Record, Album and Song of the Year in one night. Don Henley was honored as MusiCares Person of the Year two nights prior to the show on February 9, 2007. The show won an Emmy for "Outstanding Lighting Direction (electronic, multicamera) for VMC Programming".
Record of the Year: Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
Album of the Year: Taking the Long Way - Dixie Chicks
Song of the Year: Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
Best New Artist: Carrie Underwood
* The Police —- "Roxanne"
* Mary J. Blige -- "Be Without You"/"Stay with Me"
* Christina Aguilera —- "It's a Man's Man's Man's World" (James Brown tribute)
* Beyoncé —- "Listen"
* Smokey Robinson, Chris Brown, and Lionel Richie —- R&B Male Artists tribute
* Dixie Chicks —- "Not Ready To Make Nice"
* Justin Timberlake —- "What Goes Around.../...Comes Around Interlude"
* Ludacris, Mary J. Blige and Earth, Wind & Fire —- "Runaway Love"
* James Blunt —- "You're Beautiful"
* Gnarls Barkley —- "Crazy"
* John Legend, John Mayer and Corinne Bailey Rae —- "Like a Star"/"Coming Home"/" Gravity"
* Red Hot Chili Peppers —- "Snow ((Hey Oh))"
* Shakira and Wyclef Jean —- "Hips Don't Lie"
* Justin Timberlake, Robyn Troup, and T.I. —- "Ain't No Sunshine" and "My Love"
* Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts —- Bob Wills and Don Henley Tribute
* Carrie Underwood -- "Desperado"