Frank Sinatra joins his first group The Hoboken Four

Sinatra's first cousin, Ray Sinatra, had an orchestra and his own network radio program ("Cycling the Kilocycles") in the mid-1930s, but Ray and Frank did not work together.[14]
Instead, he got his first break in 1935 when his mother persuaded a local singing group, The Three Flashes, to let him join. With Sinatra, the group became known as the Hoboken Four,[5] and they sufficiently impressed Edward Bowes. After appearing on his show, Major Bowes Amateur Hour, they attracted 40,000 votes and won the first prize — a six month contract to perform on stage and radio across the United States.
Sinatra left the Hoboken 4 and returned home in late 1935. His mother secured him a job as a singing waiter and MC at the Rustic Cabin in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, for which he was paid $15 a week.

This year records Frank Sinatra’s earliest paying jobs. This was his first break at the Hoboken Union Club. He joined hands with another singing group called The Three Flashes. They later renamed themselves as the Hoboken Four. This was the time when they appeared on a show as well called the Major Bowes Amateur Hour which won then a six month contract to perform live on stage as well as radio.

Later on Frank Sinatra left the Hoboken Four the same year and it was his mother who ensured he had a job as a singing waiter at the Rustic Cabin in New Jersey.

The 3 Flashes were a musical group, that with the addition of Frank Sinatra were renamed the Hoboken Four, after being known as Frank Sinatra and the 3 Flashes.
Frank Sinatra said in 1966 while performing live at the Sands that way back in 1935 when the group went to try out for the Major Bowes Amateur Hour, Mr Bowes decided that the name just did not work and he changed it to the Hoboken Four. The group won the Amateur hour and according to Frank was invited back to compete again, but this time Major Bowes had to change the name to fool any contenders or the audience from thinking it was the same winning group competing against a fresh pack of Amateurs. Later in life Frank often joked (most notably during his live 1966 Sands Recording) about all the dozens of names his group was given and how Major Bowes kept rigging the show for Frank to win.