• Tasman sea
• Bass Strait
• Dove Lake
• No religion 13,602
• Christian 23,141
Type of Government
• Westminster System
• Sue Smith: leader of Tasmanian government
Early Discovery: Europe
• Seen in 1642 by Able Tasman
• Claimed by England
• 1803- John Bowen's 49-member party starts first settlement called Hobart.
Largest City and Industry
• Tasmania is the world's largest producer of opium alkaloids.
• The coastline of Tasmania is spread more than 3,000 km.
• The largest lavender farm in the world is located in Tasmania.
• Tasmania has 68 golf courses in total