24 Oct 1816
The Treaty of Fort St. Stephens or Treaty of Choctaw Trading House was signed between the United States and the Choctaws. The treaty was signed at the Choctaw trading house on October 24, 1816. It ceded 10,000 acres (40 km2) of Choctaw land east of the Tombigbee River. The land was exchanged for 6,000 US dollars annually for twenty years. In 2008 dollars that would be nearly $80,000.