The Revere Copper Company was North America's first rolled copper mill. It was started by Paul Revere in 1801 in Canton, Massachusetts and developed a commercially viable process for manufacturing copper sheets.
Revere rolled copper was used to cover the original wooden dome of the Massachusetts State House.
When the Canton Viaduct was constructed in 1835 for the Boston and Providence Railroad mainline, a spur was added to the Revere site. Joseph Warren Revere, then owner of Revere, was a Director of the Boston and Providence Railroad Corporation.
Through a series of mergers in 1928 and 1929, Revere Copper became Revere Copper and Brass Inc. with several plants and product divisions. By 1938, James M. Kennedy, an employee, had invented copper-clad cookware, which went into production and is now known as Revere Ware. The company exists today as Revere Copper Products, with headquarters in Rome, NY and a plant in New Bedford, MA.